What are you playing? Being curious

We have a rotating schedule here. We regularly playtest 2 games and also do Cyberpunk 2020, although we’re looking into switching the campaign over to The Sprawl (PbtA). We then have a 4th week in the cycle where we play whatever gets the most enthusiastic votes. We’ve played games like Fiasco, Dialect, Microscope, and The Extraordinary Adventure of Baron Munchausen on that one, as well as a semi-frequent game of Masks (PbtA). I also have another Monster of the Week (PbtA) game I play with another group, though schedules have it currently on hiatus.

1 Like

My group is currently playing Forbidden Lands and a homebrew of tiny dungeon.

1 Like

I recently (well, it’s been a hot minute or 2) picked up the Hatchling Edition of Tiny Dungeons for my nephews, and have a good chunk of the GKG Tiny D6 games in either print version or pdf (think Tiny Gunslingers, Tiny Gods, Tiny Taverns, etc). It’s become my new favorite system to introduce new potential gamers into the fold. Now, if I could only get a group together regularly. :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Hey!

We have a lot of fun in my groups with Blades in the Dark (and Forged in the Dark spinoffs), Apocalypse World 1E (and Powered by the Apocalypse spinoffs), Burning Wheel Gold, and Into the Odd (and Electric Bastionland).

They all give a very different gaming experience and are a really good time.

1 Like

Mostly Stars without Number, lately. Hackable, solid, has amazing GM tools…

1 Like

I play Demon Gate, dark fantasy. It is a game I kickstarted about 5 years ago.

1 Like

“Shadow of the Demon Lord” is what I’ve been playing most recently. I’ve been playing RPGs since 1976, and I freaking love this game. https://schwalbentertainment.com/shadow-of-the-demon-lord/ (I am not paid by or affiliated with the company in any way. I’m just trying to help you find more info if you’re interested.)

4 Likes

Currently (besides PF2), I’m playing Symbaroum (Swedish dark fantasy rpg) and The Dark Eye (English translation of Das Schwarze Auge 5e). They are both classles/level-less systems but very different. Everyone in both groups really loves them.

1 Like

The Omni-System put forth by Talislanta is a farily generic, but flexible, system. It works well with many Skills-based games.

2 Likes

On my Monday night group, we recently completed a playtest of a Delta Green campaign, and we’re now playing 3:16 - Carnage Amongst the Stars. I’[m not sure what we’re going to playing after that.

On my bi-weekly Saturday group, we’re playing Shadow of the Demon Lord, though soon we will take a break and play Godlike using the provisional 2nd edition rules, and probably some Wild Talents and/or a Reign-based science fiction game.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a little DCCRPG here and there and I’m wondering how to get people interested in trying out the SEACAT system. DCC has worked great for just jumping into stories.

1 Like

Honestly I have been trying to wean my players off of D&D for years. Not just because I publish my own RPGs but because there are so many other (and better) systems out there. Thus far they have really enjoyed everything I have thrown at them, including 7th Sea, Warhammer, GURPS and my own creations such as Galaxy Prime, Powers Beyond and Heroes of the Pulp Age.

3 Likes

Currently GM’ing two Shadowrun (3rd ed.) campaigns.

Two different groups going through the same adventures in the same order.

It is fascinating seeing how differently each of them manages/completes the adventures.

2 Likes

Intriguing.
I’ve wishlisted Heroes. As soon as Xmas passes, I look forward to picking this up. Pulp & Gaslight eras are the schnizzle, my good fellow!

1 Like

I run a post apocalyptic HERO game and a D&D 5e game… plus I play in 2 PF 1 games and a PF 2 game.

All but the 5e game are run on FantasyGrounds… virtual seems to be the thing these days.

1 Like

I often listen to Drakkenheim with Monty and Kelly. The players are amazing on that show. Is that actually a published world now?

1 Like

We just finished a year-long Middle Earth game using Rolemaster 2nd ed, with elements of The One Ring thrown in (hope, shadow). We did session zero for a 2e AD&D campaign that starts after the holidays, been looking forward to getting back to AD&D.

2 Likes

2d6 games like Traveller & Cepheus Engine are good and simple, Hostile RPG is a nice setting for a dark gritty feel like Alien (movie). BRP is a d100 game which I really like since it is simple percentiles and can mold to match most any system that you like but less complex. For Horror theme, Delta Green is good. Think x-files with O Shnikeys in the investigations or modern day Cthulhu. Savage Worlds Delux is good and simple. The “new” rules set is a waste except for better defining the chase rules. But you can get a feel for that minor mod just reading online thoughts.

3 Likes

Yes, it is. They’ve had two Kickstarter campaigns for it.

Welcome to The Dungeons of Drakkenheim | Ghostfire Gaming

One of these days I’ll get the physical book, right now I just have access to the PDF from my DM. I won’t tell my other two DMs, but the Drakkenheim campaign has been my favorite so far, I’m enjoying the tension between the player characters so much. That bit of “we have to work together to survive but that doesn’t mean I have to like you” type of tension. Then there’s my character who got captured by the Queen…can’t wait until after the holidays to see how the other players chew her out after rescuing her. lol

2 Likes

That sounds fun. As old as I am I find that I’m a bit tender when it comes to role playing. I want everyone to get along but I have to appreciate the players who can develop tension while not trolling others. We have a player in our Dragon Heist campaign who is totally able to do that. At first I thought he was trying to take center stage but he really is just trying to be a vibrant character. I have to work to appreciate that.

2 Likes