What are you playing? Being curious

I primarily run GURPS Dungeon Fantasy (ihave a pbp game that hasbeen running for over 9 years) and am playing in an OSE pbp game. Iwas running an OSE west marches game over Google Meet, but we haven’t been able to meet for months.

1 Like

Nice thing is that the group has been together long enough that we’re able to play our characters with tension while keeping things light between the players. :slight_smile: If that makes sense.

4 Likes

Yea, playing the role not living it. It makes perfect sense. Leave your ego at the door. I wish more people could do that.

1 Like

Let’s see I’m running Pathfinder, D20 Star Wars & a fan made mash up of 3E D20/C&C and 2nd Ed AD&D. I’m playing in a D20 FR campaign as well.

1 Like

Im running several Demon Gate campaigns long term. A few Chaos Omniverse. And 1 Edge of Decay which we are playtesting.

1 Like

Nothing to obscure at the moment. Currently running an Apocalypse World game (Burned Over variant) fro some old friends and Fate Accelerated (for my kids). I’m hoping to run some Gumshoe games (Trail of cthulhu, timeWtach or Swords of the Serpentine) this year or perhaps my cyberpunk Blades in the Dark hack.

1 Like

Pathfinder 1e currently, I run prewritten campaigns for it. I also run Vampire 20th Anniversary sometimes. Was considering the new Transformers rpg, but apparently it also includes safety warning system for players etc, and I abhor that kind of nonsense.

3 Likes

Just wrapped up a Genesys game using the Netrunner setting. About to start another one but fantasy this too. Loving how the rules contribute to story telling instead of hindering it.

3 Likes

I keep trying to get my players hooked on the Genesys by getting them to play Star Wars first.

1 Like

I’ve been going to town on Transcendence and my group is now breathing down my neck to finish enough of it that we go from playtesting to full-bore playing.

1 Like

Call of Cthulhu is a staple. Mörk Borg, the Fallen, Black Mass, City of Flesh, and A Town Called Malice are coming up first quarter of the year

1 Like

I’m mostly D&D 5th. I run online and for years I’d struggle to rally interest in my games. Then I tried to offer a D&D 5th and had so many replies I ended up splitting the game in two, and later three.

That said, I still have one non-D&D in the rotation with a saturday group that I’ve run for a very long time. It’s down to two players (once as high as eight, which was a mistake), and we’ve played a lot of stuff over the years. Right now it’s a WoD-inspired game. PCs are mummies, but in the distant past the various supernatural powers were all Exalted. Every Mummy, Vampire, Shifting Breed, Mage, etc carries a fragment of the power of the ancient Exalted Ones. Storyteller system, liberally abused by me.

1 Like

Fukit, I’m dusting off Battlelords of the 23rd Century. That game was insane.

1 Like

Demon Gate
A dark fantasy TTRPG.
DemonGate COVER

1 Like

Played a few Tiny Frontiers games and will probably use the Revised edition for the next May 4th Star Wars game. I have lots of the TinyD6 games. I ran Starfinder until we recently started running 5e.

1 Like

Mind sharing some more about this one? What’s the setting like? The mechanics?

The setting is dark, medieval style fantasy but it has hints of scifi in it in the old lore. Demons were once prisoners enslaved on the planet Koth, a planet within a binary star system. The demons uncovered ancient alien tech that created gates “magic” . They used them to enslave all the races in the surrounding worlds. The races were once all slaves but revolted thousands of years ago to be free. Now the world is populated by many species that war with each other (very Witcher-ish in some ways, yeah lots of racism. Some things are similar to Kull and Thundarr in a way). Three apocalyptic prophesies threaten the end times so it has a foreboding doom element depending on what year you play it. The Shattering was one of the apocalyptic events when the moon was lacerated and caused massive explosions, long winters, and earthquakes. The moon looks messed up now with chunks floating next to it called the Shattered Isles. The second apocalyptic prophesy was the Pale Plague. People became like rabid zombies. The empire tried to stop it using necromancy and gave all the necromancers power called the Arbiters, so they could stop it. Come to find out the pale ones were not dead so necromancy did nothing, so they blamed the Arbiters and hunted them down to burn them at the stake. Magic is very dangerous and has caused a great deal of problems. Anytime you cast spells it has the possibility of chaos happening. The final prophesy is to be the demons unleashed from their prison in Tartarus. All in all though it is a fun place.

The system uses the Chaos System which is resisted d20 you have options to attack and options to defend like block, parry, dodge, etc. Crit attacks, crit defense. Pretty simple. The skills and attributes use a dice ladder mechanic. The better in skills and attributes you get the more dice you gain in your pool. The dice also explode for damage and skill rolls. So a dagger strike can kill someone. Very dangerous combat and your armor (TAV) or total armor value soaks damage.

Here is a podcast I ran the game in if you would like a listen. Blades and Blasters

Also more deets about the game Demon Gate on the website from Arcanum Syndicate

2 Likes

Currently running Cy_borg as it’s one of the few games that survived the game room disaster by virtue of it still being on my nightstand.

1 Like

I’m playing my own homebrew RPG. It’s called Elthos RPG. I created it in 1978 and have been playing it with a long line of friends ever since. I create my own worlds using it, and right now I’m playing my first Science Fiction Campaign. It’s called “The Way of All Flesh”. It’s been huge fun. We’re on Session 55 now. Started the game in 2019, we play ever other week. I have been posting our actual play writeups in the RGPs channel in case you want to see a bit about what it’s like. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And in the swirling maelstrom that is my gaming I now find myself running Icons, Golden Age Champions and Castles & Crusades; and playing Traveller.

1 Like