What are you playing? Being curious

When you play Ars Magica you play a mage and their grogs. But that may be dependent upon the game master.

2 Likes

I currently referee Mongoose Traveller V1 (2008), I also play D&D 5th Edition. My playing has been much less varied since the pandemic made face-to-face sessions impractical.

2 Likes

Beyond the Wall, Weird Frontier, Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd edition, Band of Blades. That’s about it over the past year.

3 Likes

This year I’ve run The Witcher, Prowlers & Paragons (supers) and Symbaroum. I’ve played WOIN, Star Wars d6 and Frontier Space.

2 Likes

Supercrew is the game of choice. Rules-lite game made for one-shots that has worked well over two years of campaigning.

2 Likes

I just finished running Masks and before that I was running two groups of City of Mist (the published Nights of Paynetown campaign which is amazing and rivals epic campaigns like The Enemy Within and Masks of Nytharlatotep)

I considering what to run next - possibly 7th Sea 1st edition, or WHFRP 4th, or likely another PBTA game.

2 Likes

Every other Sunday I am running a StarCluster 4 game in its 21st year. It is set in the old default StarCluster 1 or 2 Cluster, with some characters being children of the original PCs.

On alternate Sundays I am running a BloodGames 4 mashup using the Renaissance+ Toolbox and (forthcoming) Cradle of Wyrms setting elements, but set in Summer 2022 San Francisco, as champions from a fantasy world seek to relocate their entire beseiged kingdom from their world into ours, to escape a Morgoth-level bad guy.

Every Monday I am running BloodGames 4 Outremer Setting.

Every Tuesday I am playing in a Fast Company game.

Every Wednesday I am playing in a D&D 5E game, which occasionally swaps out with a BloodGames 4 Cradle of Wyrms game. We play on Saturdays as well once a month.

I play/run occasional one shots and short campaigns on other days.

Only the Wednesday game is face to face. I play and run over IRC and Discord mostly.

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of rules-light game systems. Other the past 8 years or so, I’ve played a lot of FATE-based games like Spirit of the Century, Dresden Files, Bulldogs, and a bunch of homebrew FATE. When even FATE got to be too much, I played in Kids on Bikes which was great. I’m too old to be learning any new crunchtastic game systems; ironically my usual group has decided to go with Pathfinder 2E for the current campaign so there’s some teeth gnashing on my part.

4 Likes

Never played Kids on Bikes, but have seen a couple actual plays of it. Seems to be a good game. Ever play any Tiny D6?

1 Like

I was running three 5e Greyhawk campaigns, one is weekly and two of them biweekly. Unfortunately one of the biweekly groups fell apart and have suspended the group to the new Year. I do get to play once a month playing 5e Journeys in Ragnarok when one of my players DMs.

2 Likes

Mostly just D&D 5e. I tried to get into a Shadowrun West Marches thing, but it was very cliquey and could never find a game that matched my schedule.

2 Likes

My group mostly plays Magic World and Stars Without Number but occasionally also play Delta Green, Mythras and Call of Cthulhu.

3 Likes

Corporia
Alien by free league
FFG Star Wars age of rebellion
Broken compass
Triple ace games leagues of Cthulhu
Hollow earth expedition
All for one: regime diabolique
… I think that’s it over the last year

3 Likes

No, but I was just reading up on it. I’ll check out a few plays on tubes…

1 Like

If I may advise a couple others, check out Yukon Dark and Highcaster. Both are on Gallant Knight Game’s YouTube page. Not a mark from them, but I have supported many of their games in the last couple years based on actual plays. Most actual plays I have watched from them are from the VCG Channel (Victory Condition Gaming)[no affiliation either].

1 Like

Currently playing in three different 5e campaigns - Midgard, Wildemount, and Drakkenheim. Waiting in the wings is a Pathfinder (Lost Omens) game and a 5e Grim Hollow game. Ages and ages ago I was in a Firefly campaign. As long as I can wrap my head around the rules, I’m game for anything! :smiley:

2 Likes

Tiny D6 is one of my favorites games for one-shots.

1 Like

Blades in the Dark (recently finished the season)
Savage Worlds Rifts (just started the chronicle)
Prepping Glitch/Nobilis for an interlude game.
Going to do a mini-run of Ironsworn or Starforged in the next few weeks, hopefully.

1 Like
  • heavily house-ruled Gamma World 2e every Tuesday
  • Delta Green every other Monday
  • Cyberpunk Red every other Monday.

Delta green is great. It’s a good system and a good setting. Gamma World is good, but the GM has a history of modding systems until they’re unplayable and the players revolt, so I’m looking forward to that in a couple of months. I don’t care for Cyberpunk Red. I don’t care for the game, and I don’t care for the rules. The more grounded a system is, the more I like it. Cyberpunk Red is not my cup of tea.

1 Like

My current campaign is Call of Cthulhu v5.6. My previous campaign was Space 1889 using the Savage Worlds system.

1 Like