The Reincarnation of Pen & Paper Games

Fantastic vision statement. Really resonates with me. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I loved the original site. Helped me find a gaming group after college. Iā€™m in a new city now, so Iā€™m here for the rebirth. Thrilled to see what lies ahead!

1 Like

You have NO clue how happy I am to see this reincarnation!! Iā€™ve been talking crap about the old (olde??) PnPGames for years - and lamenting that it died. I will now redouble (retriple??) my efforts to get new blood in here! THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! I couldnā€™t agree more. I run a PiHole and also advocate for ā€˜No Advertisingā€™ on my personal website: https://www.robsworld.org/iwebpages/Ad-free_blog.html

2 Likes

Thank you for resurrecting the site in a manner that preserves the initial intent of the original site. No advertising, not a link farm for sponsored stuff, no logins via other social media companies, no selling my personal info. Iā€™m really liking the content of your ā€˜Visionā€™ message - This is the type of vision needed for a community of gamers interested in the game (not buying selling or promoting ā€˜productsā€™). I really need a place to find games/gaming groups and players.

1 Like

Hopeful that this site grows and becomes a useful and uniting resource for gamers. Looking forward to see what the 2.0 version of the site is and evolves to be.

1 Like

I hate to admit this but I
am having difficulty in posting topic Looking for games in particular online. RPG and more locally around the table games in Orange California Help

@tesral! Not sure if you remember me from the old days. Itā€™s been so long. Heck, Iā€™m having a hard time remembering anyoneā€™s online name. But I do recall having a few good discussions with you. Good to know youā€™re still out there somewhere!

1 Like

So nice to see you again!

1 Like

Likewise with you. =D

1 Like

Give us a run down of the problem, and we will try to help.

Arkhemedes, yea the memory of screen names fades. I manged to find a short and sweet one. Related to my game in fact. The fellow in the Avatar is Tesral.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite.
Life and work have led me further and further from gaming, but I hope to get back into it.
It is great to have a place where we can at least talk about the games we love and maybe connect to play them as well.

1 Like

Hey, nice to be back. You know I just looked for this page a few weeks back to see if it had any activity on it. I did meet a few groups back in the day and ran some of my games for them, made some lifelong friends. Thanks Farcaster for reaching out to me. Good to see this is back. Especially after RPGs are starting to become more mainstream.

2 Likes

Any luck on updating the original site / pages to redirect to here yet?

I was sad when PenAndPaperGames shut down - it was the best at what it did and tried to do for a long time. Social media sites are terrible for actual networking and especially collaboration, the organized sharing of ideas, archival of knowledge, etc. Social media is IMO basically good for spouting a comment and have it rapidly wither into obscurity.

Welcome back. Interesting that you are the original person - I had thought that someone had bought an abandoned URL to try again. I hope this all works out and that people have an effective means of finding local RPGers again.

1 Like

Funny that you mention that. I had two real life buddies contact me privately to make sure it was actually me and not someone trying to impersonate me and restart the site.

Iā€™m glad youā€™re back. We may not have the fully functionality of the player/game finder yet for the new site, but weā€™ll get there. It has been awesome to see such a positive response to P&PGā€™s return!

I thought I had that sorted, but apparently I made a little configuration error. Everything should now redirect back here to discuss.penandpapergames.com.

2 Likes

I donā€™t even have a bookmark for the old site anymore.

Is there any chance of pulling back some of the old resources contained therein?

You mean like old threads or something?