The Reincarnation of Pen & Paper Games

Thank you for this! It’s good to be back. It’s been too long.
Here’s to Pen & Paper Games! :beers::clap:

3 Likes

It’s so good to see this!

I was on D&D Beyond earlier and thinking that their community forums are under utilized but not great in function. When you think about how many people play D&D and talk about it online, the site’s reach is tiny.

I’m totally down with a better and non-corporate space. Thank you for reinvesting in it!

4 Likes

@Grimwell! So awesome to see you here! Ping me sometime. I’d love to catch up and hear what you’ve been up to.

2 Likes

You had me at “I think we are starting to see the decline of mass-social media.”

• Ark
5 Likes

I had forgotten about your site until I saw the invite to join up on its revitalized version. This could be fun. Will game designers be allowed to sell or promote their services and products?

2 Likes

I had wondered what had happened to the old site. I ended up homeless and couldn’t find you anywhere. I really missed the old forums a lot.

3 Likes

Game designers are definitely free to promote their projects here and announce new releases and the like. That’s news the RPG community wants to hear. :smile:

I was planning on sending out some special invites in the near future for RPG industry professionals that would include guidelines for that.

3 Likes

Well just let me know and I’ll see what I can do in the future for my books.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering why it’s been so quiet. Things change. Sometimes for the better sometimes for the worst, but I’m glad to see this place alive! I hope everyone is doing well!

4 Likes

Wonderful vision! I hope to see it flourish. This is fantastic timing too. I just uprooted and moved crossed country and was finally starting to think about trying to find/build a gaming group in my new neck of the woods. What luck!

4 Likes

Like the new look. :+1:

2 Likes

It is VERY good to see this site come back in such a strong way. I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

2 Likes

Wow, so nice to see so many nostalgic names. :grin:

1 Like

Sounding like Tom MacDonald and I like it. I miss that gaming store feel. Haven’t set for in one in years, hopefully I’ll get a table to game at again one day.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. Will there be a space here for online tabletop sites and applications like Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, Tabletop Simulator, etc? I know the focus is on the Pen and Paper but Living away from a major city I have found that these are the only way for me to play anymore.

3 Likes

The suggestion of a tab for virtual tabletops is a good one. Within those apps, there are already tools to find players, but that assumes the players you want are already in that ecosystem. This could be a place to meet gamers first, and then follow them to their platform of choice.

2 Likes

@Shokwat, @RPGDen, yeah, that’s a good idea. I’ve been using a VTT for my group for the last couple of years since the pandemic. And in that time, a couple of my players moved out of state, so we’re now permanently online ourselves.

I think we can use the LFP/LFG categories as they are and add an online tag and tags for the VTT of choice, and also add a new category specifically dedicated to general discussions about VTTs. How does that sound?

2 Likes

Adding VTT tags to the LFP/LFG categories is the perfect solution. It will allow one post to have both location and VTT tags if the poster is open to both and keep it all in one location for easier searching and community building.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get the hang of this thing. FYI to quote you highlight the test. I’m much more familiar with the phpBB system (I help administer one.)

OK, lets try a picture

One cute cat added. Was easy.

1 Like

Uh oh! Are we going to need a cute pets pic thread? If so, I’m READY!

1 Like