The Reincarnation of Pen & Paper Games

Sounding like Tom MacDonald and I like it. I miss that gaming store feel. Haven’t set for in one in years, hopefully I’ll get a table to game at again one day.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome. Will there be a space here for online tabletop sites and applications like Roll20, Fantasy Grounds, Tabletop Simulator, etc? I know the focus is on the Pen and Paper but Living away from a major city I have found that these are the only way for me to play anymore.

3 Likes

The suggestion of a tab for virtual tabletops is a good one. Within those apps, there are already tools to find players, but that assumes the players you want are already in that ecosystem. This could be a place to meet gamers first, and then follow them to their platform of choice.

2 Likes

@Shokwat, @RPGDen, yeah, that’s a good idea. I’ve been using a VTT for my group for the last couple of years since the pandemic. And in that time, a couple of my players moved out of state, so we’re now permanently online ourselves.

I think we can use the LFP/LFG categories as they are and add an online tag and tags for the VTT of choice, and also add a new category specifically dedicated to general discussions about VTTs. How does that sound?

2 Likes

Adding VTT tags to the LFP/LFG categories is the perfect solution. It will allow one post to have both location and VTT tags if the poster is open to both and keep it all in one location for easier searching and community building.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get the hang of this thing. FYI to quote you highlight the test. I’m much more familiar with the phpBB system (I help administer one.)

OK, lets try a picture

One cute cat added. Was easy.

1 Like

Uh oh! Are we going to need a cute pets pic thread? If so, I’m READY!

1 Like

Fantastic vision statement. Really resonates with me. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

I loved the original site. Helped me find a gaming group after college. I’m in a new city now, so I’m here for the rebirth. Thrilled to see what lies ahead!

1 Like

You have NO clue how happy I am to see this reincarnation!! I’ve been talking crap about the old (olde??) PnPGames for years - and lamenting that it died. I will now redouble (retriple??) my efforts to get new blood in here! THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! I couldn’t agree more. I run a PiHole and also advocate for ‘No Advertising’ on my personal website: https://www.robsworld.org/iwebpages/Ad-free_blog.html

2 Likes

Thank you for resurrecting the site in a manner that preserves the initial intent of the original site. No advertising, not a link farm for sponsored stuff, no logins via other social media companies, no selling my personal info. I’m really liking the content of your ‘Vision’ message - This is the type of vision needed for a community of gamers interested in the game (not buying selling or promoting ‘products’). I really need a place to find games/gaming groups and players.

1 Like

Hopeful that this site grows and becomes a useful and uniting resource for gamers. Looking forward to see what the 2.0 version of the site is and evolves to be.

1 Like

I hate to admit this but I
am having difficulty in posting topic Looking for games in particular online. RPG and more locally around the table games in Orange California Help

@tesral! Not sure if you remember me from the old days. It’s been so long. Heck, I’m having a hard time remembering anyone’s online name. But I do recall having a few good discussions with you. Good to know you’re still out there somewhere!

1 Like

So nice to see you again!

1 Like

Likewise with you. =D

1 Like

Give us a run down of the problem, and we will try to help.

Arkhemedes, yea the memory of screen names fades. I manged to find a short and sweet one. Related to my game in fact. The fellow in the Avatar is Tesral.

1 Like

Thanks for the invite.
Life and work have led me further and further from gaming, but I hope to get back into it.
It is great to have a place where we can at least talk about the games we love and maybe connect to play them as well.

1 Like