[Minis] What are you working on?

Thank you @TwoGunBob. I did go to the website and ended up ordering the ship. I like to share. Lets see if the fourm chokes on this: (BTW it is .com not .net.)

HelenForPrint.pdf (410.0 KB)

Therein is the whole Helen. What I call a 32 gun “adventurer” It will print to batlemat size foir d20. 5 feet to the inch. It is pretty low resolution. I do these at 30 pixels to the inch. The document is 40’x66’.

1 Like

So, I haven’t got much painting done lately - partly due to RL situations, but also because I picked up a 3D printing setup (a friend and I had talked about getting into it, he had just bought all the stuff needed before he passed away suddenly; I bought it all at full price from his widow). After a few weeks of study and various attempts, I’m getting to the point where I can fairly reliably produce useable minitaures. This is my latest batch: a gnome (stl file from Heroforge), printed in 3 sizes becuase full-size, it comes out to full human height, and I don’t know how tall the player wants the figure to be; and a gnu (wildebeest) because that gnome character (in our 13th Age campaign) can shape change into one. Still a complete noob at this, still on the learning curve, but a fun new adventure.

2 Likes

Knights at the highlight stage. All left are twelve Gendarmes and the Furioso starter set is complete! Banners and highlights to be started tomorrow.

1 Like

Banners added along with highlights. Lanca Spezzata are ready to avoid pike blocks and ride down those that flee before them.

3 Likes

French Gendarme knights, the classic heavily armored cavalry that make everyone on the battlefield opposing then quake in fear.

3 Likes

I promised a reply. The Ship flats are finished. The ZRS Helen. Paper on plywood. Top to bottom, poop deck, main deck, earth deck, gun deck, machine deck and “in use”.

Once again shout out to @TwoGunBob, for the poster company. Without that it would not have gotten done.

https://discuss.penandpapergames.com/t/a-game-masters-work-is-never-done/1429

1 Like

Work continues on the Italian Wars project. Furioso starter set is complete so I’m starting on… another starter set. I have four of these in total so I’ll have a fairly large representation of French and Italian forces. Last step was to magnetize the bases to prevent slipping and falling leading to bent pikes and whatnot.

2 Likes

Well, May 14th I had a drunk driver being pursued by police drive off the road. He jumped my garden embankment, rupturing his gas tank, and caught fire. Going 80 miles he collided with my house and landed squarely in my game room. No one was hurt thankfully but…

Wiped out about 90% of my game collection as what didn’t burn was hosed down by the fire department. I’ve sent insurance an itemized inventory and still waiting on the adjuster to call back and advise they aren’t paying out on those old AD&D modules :rofl: no I didn’t have collectors insurance as no items individually were worth much but EVERYTHING just ouch!

So I haven’t painted since but I’m slowly working back towards it as a friend gave me a Flames of War Italian boxed set and paints.

And no, I’m not rebuilding my collection. I’ll get what few RPG’s I actually play on pdf most likely and just move on. A lot of people offered replacement games and books but I just don’t want to be shackled to all this books and board games again honestly.

Just kind wanted to put out there why I dropped off posting updates here.

Gods, I would simply die.

Ugh, what a nightmare! Looks like you had some pretty serious structural damage to the house too. So glad nobody got hurt.

Coincidentally, that very day, I was in emergency surgery for a retinal detachment in my left eye, which then re-detached again in July. So, I’ve not painted or played much of anything all summer either, and am only recently getting back to regular computer use.

Getting old sucks.

Everything good now? I know I had a friend’s son suffer it and he was forever in a brace to hold him immobile and even then keeping strain off the eye was awful.

Yeah, getting there. Had to stay in a “face-down” position for 2-3 weeks after each surgery, which was a hassle. Up and about now, but still on orders to stay sedentary to avoid redetachement - no “intentional” exercise. Ugh. Still healing, so it’ll be a few more months before I know the final impact on vision out of that eye. Right now, still super blurry and distorted. Definitely screwing up my minis painting!

1 Like

Darkest Dungeon miniatures I’ve started working on. Painting station is back up with whatever paints I could salvage from the destruction.

2 Likes

Rock on dude.

So glad to read that you are safe!

Got the full compliment of heroes done and trying to get decent pictures of them.

Glad to be safe believe me. It is frustrating to lose so much but I’ll take it over any injury to any of my family.

1 Like

[the burning post]()
The latest new thing for me is terrain; I started trying out more basing techniques and it grew from there. This little scatter/objective piece is the first one I’m really pleased with. (60mm base, sand, rocks, and a piece of sprue with 1mm jewelers chain)

2 Likes

The threadf rises!!! :grimacing:

1 Like

Still painting and almost done with the Darkest Dungeon board game set.

1 Like