Wayward Wanderers, Traveller, Online Foundry VTT Game

Introduction

It is the year 1105 of the Imperial Calendar (5627AD), you’ve just retired or left your last career for whatever reason and now you find yourself holding a dispatch from the Law Office of Locke and Associates. Seems Captain Hawk has passed away and left you shares in a ship. Maybe you’re an old friend, or served under Hawk, or maybe you have no clue who this guy is but he knows you.

From the Law Office of Locke and Associates.pdf (56.0 KB)

Regardless, you stand there trying to decide if it’s time to travel to Iderati or not. Remembering that nothing is free in the universe.

About the Game

Wayward Wanderers will be a sandbox Traveller game that will probably be set in the Spinward Marches (for those familiar to the Charted Space setting for Traveller). The game will be using Foundry Virtual Table Top so the only requirements for the players is ability to use Discord for voice and a web browser to log into the game. Any experience level welcome.

I do intend to record the game sessions so players must be willing to have their voice recorded. However, I do not intend to post the recording, it is only for my own records to go back through a game session to make notes and logs.

Game System

Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition

When We Play

Saturday, 7PM Central, bi-weekly, 1st and 3rd weeks of each month.

About the Referee

I cut my teeth on AD&D but quickly switched to Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 1st Edition a long long time ago. Played a ton of WFRP and GM’d Cyberpunk 2020 and Twilight 2000. But I have been out of the loop for a few decades. Just got Foundry about a year ago and love it as I was using Roll20 on and off but never really liked it. Have run one shots in Alien RPG, Twilight 2000, WFRP4 over the last couple of years.

As for Traveller, my best friend and I made hundreds of characters sitting around the house back in the day but never really got to play the game. Was gifted the new edition and started getting Foundry set up for it last month. So I am a new returning GM with no real experience running Traveller. But I am willing to give it a try, hope you are willing to give playing online a try. Thanks for your time reading this.

1 Like

Have three potential crew members at this time so going to schedule a Session 0 for 04MAR23 @ 7PM central. However, would love to have two or three more crew members.

Normally just make characters whenever I can then get the group together on a day to start. But, the rules actually say it is better to do CharGen all together, so going to give that a try.

1 Like

Howdy! Are you still looking for Travellers? I know Foundry VTT from a GM standpoint and plan to run my own Traveller game soon. I mostly DM D&D 5E and want to branch out and play. I had the original CT books many years ago. My girlfriend would also like a seat. Fingers crossed you still need peeps! Cheers!

Yes sir, we still have crewmember slots. You and your girlfriend would be potential players four and five… so that sounds like a nice start to a crew. Next Saturday @ 7PM Central time is the plan. Will send details tomorrow as I am about to head to bed and have an early start tomorrow. Inventory.

1 Like

Hi! :wave: I’m Emily, Craig’s gf. Looking forward to learning Traveller with you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just found you here online. I’m hoping to join a Mongoose Traveller 2e group.
I’ve been a GM for CT since 1978. Living in an isolate rural area online seems to be my only option. Do you have any spots available?

1 Like

Currently have a crew of four, so should be able to get you in. Have only done a couple of sessions and they haven’t got the ship off the ground yet. So it should be easy to fit in a new crew member. I’ll send you more information later when I am not so tired… just saw the message you posted, sorry for the delay in responding, and it’s three in the morning here so going back to bed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.