About the Game
Transformers: Chrome Rebels is an Essence20 system Transformers RPG campaign set in 1955 in a Gen1 splinter continuity. Familiarity with the Transformers franchise and the Essence20 system aren’t necessary to play, but a willingness to learn the rules and the enthusiasm to play giant alien robots in a Hollywood iteration of fifties America is!
When/Where/How We Play
- Days of week and frequency undetermined, evenings preferred. My schedule is open.
- Games to take place online, using some combination of VTT and video chat. Still working out which ones. Players will be required to have cameras on and (sorry) this isn’t negotiable.
- Adults of any age, gender, religion, orientation, etc. can play; but leave politics, religion, and activism off the table. No prejudice allowed.
- My GM philosophy is not to “tell a story,” but to create situations and let the story grow out of PC decisions, consequences, and luck. There are wheels in motion but player agency is paramount. A passive player or two might be okay, but only so long as dynamic (goal-oriented) players are taking the lead.
- Session 0 will have intros, character gen, houserule overview, and “lines and veils” discussion. Generally, the setting is informed by fifties sci-fi, crime, and teen drama films. I’m no therapist, but if you aren’t triggered by “War of the Worlds” or “Rebel Without a Cause” you’ll probably be fine.