My AI friend and I

… are trippin’ ballz

3 Likes

Just managed to generate an illustration for my most recent character at @clash_bowley virtual game table

3 Likes

Ah! Livi is just gorgeous! :dart:

1 Like

Gorgeous art!

3 Likes

Holy Moley!! That is AI generated? There is so much creative style in that image! It blows me away how must artistic talent AI can simulate nowadays. Digital artists must be very nervous…

1 Like

Not just nervous. Quite a few times it feels like someone cut pieces from their portfolio. It’s both amazing and disturbing.

1 Like

That’s because it did. If the image is viewable online, it can be and will be scanned. There are no laws governing what an AI is allowed to look at for parts since what it “learns” is stored as math and not as a human viewable image.

2 Likes

The legality of AI “art” sounds like a dystopian plot of a Cyberpunk game.

1 Like

It’ll all get sorted and normalized. I get the controversy and don’t support the theft of protected artwork but I also get the gap.

I lack visually creative skills and having the ability to generate images with AI tools that can take words from my brain and make images that inspire me is just astounding! I’m not using the tools at all right now, but as my next game ramps up I’ll be looking with “How not to screw artists at the same time.” in mind.

Ultimately, just as the introduction of the film camera caused a lot of chaos, alarm, and complaints and then sorted into a normal thing, this will too.

1 Like

Indeed so.

Meanwhile we’re waiting to see if lawmakers will introduce legislation relating to security of articulated (ie: motorized) limbs before or after a hacker uses someone else’s limb to commit a crime…

As effectively as US health care.

“One Useless man is a disgrace, two are a law firm, and three or more is a congress.” - John Adams in “1776”

1 Like