Every Grog has its Game

July is Independent TTRPG Month! Join us! (Ep #334) - YouTube I think he makes some good points here. I would take it to even mean even if you’ve got random “other” games from other publishers, so you don’t even necessarily need to buy anything new. I think it’s safe to say we all have “other” games in our collection just gathering some dust (or a lot). I also know many here have their own brews and stews and whatever else non WotC related, and to them I say “Keep playing away” and “Huzzah” and whatever else is appropriate. But hey, if you were looking at getting that new game from the local shop, or DTRPG, or wherever, here is your sign to DO IT! Pick it up. Read it, run it, have fun with it. Run a one-off with it and go back to your regular programming. Do a full on long-term campaign for a decade or millennium before going back to your regular programming. I’ve been heralding games non-W(L)izards for a good chunk of my time here lately, so why not put this out there as well.

2 Likes

I can get behind that. Hell I’ve got games I’ve never cracked the cover of. Books that are part of games I don’;t have the actual game. This happens when you buy books in lots.

There are a lot of beautiful princesses in the swamp. Try kissing a few.

2 Likes