1:1 scale "miniatures"

I make a LOT of terrain. I have started using all my techniques learned there to do other things, like making props for local theaters. Just finished this tombstone for the local performance of Dickens “A Christmas Carol”. Mostly just posting this here to see how the image upload works now :smile: Tombstone was made with the same carving and painting tricks I use for terrain, just much much bigger.

4 Likes

That’s very cool RPGDen! What’s that made out of?

1 Like

Same thing as terrain, plain ol polystyrene foam. Mixed the paint with Elmers glue to give it a protective “shell”. Base coat, black wash, then drybrush, like any piece of terrain might get.

What could you guys do with a full set of construction plans for modular-specific miniature buildings and dungeons?
@Euan
@RPGDen

1 Like

Oh, I’m useless at this sort of thing. Just curious if the larger scale was the same stuff as the smaller - and it was.

1 Like

“Plans”? Oh no, we don’t do that here. I grab a slab of foam and tools, and let the foam guide me. I use dungeon tiles if I want to emulate a map. I never make single use terrain anymore. I would only do it if it were commissioned for a big trade show.

1 Like