Online campaign tools

It’s been years. I should try scabard again.
Thanks

I tried Obsidian again, and it’s a very nice option, but the lack of syncing outside of their expensive cloud service is very off-putting.

I tried Scabard again and found the campaign I’d used with it. I like the options they offer, if a bit pricey. I attempted to start my current campaign in it, but for some reason UI just did not flow well for me.

How about The Keep? By NBOS software.

1 Like

Just found out about Legend Keeper: https://www.legendkeeper.com/
Also there’s Campaign Wiki: Campaign Wiki: HomePage

I am getting all my messy, hand-scribbled notes fed into Scrivener so I can sort them, edit them, revise and re-write them into something more usable. Scrivener is amazing.

2 Likes

I popped over to Gingko Writer, and it’s a nice tree document. It could use a couple features to help with campaign navigation, but the tree layout almost makes up for it.

The free version is pretty nice. I skipped over Gingko the first time I encountered it, because the price tag seemed a bit steep. I couldn’t justify forking over the recommended 12 bucks a month.

Trying it for a bit at least.

1 Like

In my search for a campaign tool… My latest discovery is Campaign Logger

It has a nice interface, and so far, I like the team that’s working on its evolution. The export feature can be imported later, so it’s a real backup. Riddled with referencing tools, it feels more like how I think when I’m writing out adventures.

I think the free version lets you use 25 entries. Though, each entry can be huge. Their Patreon tiers are not outrageously priced.

Time will tell if this one turns out to be my favorite online campaign tool. Well, technically it is my favorite, and so far, I’m not finding any unworkable flaws. But I’ll hold off popping the question just yet.

One campaign manager to rule them all… and in the darkness bind them.

I know John Four and have written several articles for the Roleplaying Tips newsletter. I’ve never tried his logger however.